Too much stuffing and pumpkin pie? Throw in that excess of red wine you managed to sip pre- and post-dinner and it’s no wonder your head is foggy and your belly bloating.
Thanksgiving isn’t the most body-positive holiday. Not only do we tend to overindulge in both rich foods and alcohol – travel, stress and lack of sleep can also contribute to that not-so-good feeling. Many people also find themselves with a nasty cold after spending time on airplanes or with relatives and friends Thankfully, there are ways to heal your body and mind after all that abuse.
Holiday Health Tips
The old adage says to never discuss politics or religion at the dinner table, yet they both seem to inevitably come up when family members get together. Add in that California traffic and it makes sense that many of us emerge from the holiday weekend, swollen, dehydrated and cranky. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Here are some tips to help you recover from your Thanksgiving indulgence and conquer the rest of the holiday season with health on your side.
- Reduce Stress: Do you really need to make all the desserts and dips from scratch and decorate the whole house tonight? All these extra “to-dos” can cause some severe anxiety. Destress your life by prioritizing and planning ahead.
- Consume Goodness: Munch on fresh fruit and vegetables instead of all those cream-laden dishes and you’ll feel much better at the end of the season. Before heading to parties, eat a nutritional snack so you’re not as tempted to chow down.
- Sip-Sip: All that extra booze, plus the dry climate and indoor heaters, can lead to dehydration. Drink water regularly to stay hydrated and try to limit those cocktails.
- Hit the Snooze Button: Getting at least eight hours of sleep in during the holidays may seem impossible. Try to make up for your lost sleep by taking naps and you’ll feel a bit more energized.
- Stop Overscheduling: It can be tempting to reply “yes” to every holiday invite but just don’t. Think about your time and energy before sending the RSVP.
Try Vitamin IV Therapy in Los Angeles
Whether you’re traveling, eating bloat-inducing food, enjoying too many cocktails or generally just feeling the stress around this time of year, an IV vitamin infusion can target your specific symptoms. Our Los Angeles vitamin IV therapy cocktails effectively deliver missing nutrients and vitamins directly to the bloodstream which helps your mind and body recover faster.
Detox your body with a mélange of vitamin B12, magnesium and taurine or treat that holiday hangover with the Sunday Morning Remedy, a mix of B-complex, folic acid and magnesium to get you hydrated and happy.
Interested in learning more about Nenergy Boost’s extensive menu of IV therapy treatments? Schedule a vitamin IV session in Los Angeles by booking an appointment online.